
Requirements:
~ align the author's last name or the title of a book (excluding "the", "a", etc.) with its corresponding letter in the alphabet
~ enter a different book for each author and title (total of 52 books)
~ complete the alphabet lists anyway that suits your fancy
(i.e.: complete each list separately in alphabetical order, read both "A" entries, then "B" entries, fit whatever you're reading into either list, etc.)
~ complete the challenge in the year 2008
~ enjoy the experience!
So here we go :
Books -
At All Costs - David Weber
B
Cat Who Walked Through Walls - Robert Heinlein
D
Excession - Iain M Banks
Farnham's Freehold - Robert & Virginia Heinlein
G
Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams
In The Balance - Harry Turtledove
J
K
Look To Windward - Iain M Banks
Moon Is A Harsh Mistress - Robert Heinlein
N
O
Player Of Games - Iain M Banks
Q
Rogue Star - Andy Hoare
Starship Troopers - Robert Heinlein
Tilting The Balance - Harry Turtledove
Use of Weapons - Iain M Banks
V
Wraith Squadron - Aaron Allstom
XWing Rogue Squadron - Michael Stackpole
Y
Z
Awlinson, Richard - Avatar Trilogy
Banks, Iain M - Consider Phlebas
Clarke, Arthur C - 3001 A Final Odyssey
Denning, Troy - Crucible
E
F
G
Heinlein, Robert - Time Enough For Love
I
J
K
Lowder, James - Prince of Lies
Moon, Elizabeth - Hunting Party
Niven, Larry (with Jerry Pournelle and Steven Barnes) - Legacy Of Heorot
O
P
Q
Reynolds, Alastair - Chasm City
Stackpole, Michael - The Krytos Trap
Turtledove, Harry - Striking The Balance
U
Verne, Jules - Around The World in Eighty Days
Weber, David - Shadow of Saganami
X
Y
Zahn, Timothy - Spinneret
Richard Awlinson is possibly a bit of a cheat cos it's actually a pseudonym for a group of writers. However I think I'm balancing it by only mentioning the three books in the series once instead of three times !
Right - that's the easy ones that I've already read in the not too distant past, I've got a Heinlein book to put in authors when I finish it and then it's looking to keep on reading for the rest of the year :-) 13/26 on books and 11/26 on authors so far.

1 comment:
Welcome to the A ~ Z Reading Challenge, Sleepypete! I hope you enjoy all your choices. Happy Reading!
Post a Comment